Cabal rum stages live unsigned music gig with Vic Galloway at Edinburgh Cocktail Week | We’ve launched a new initiative to support unsigned, up-and-coming artists and bands using Edinburgh Cocktail Week as the stage from 11th to 24th October 2021.
Six finalists have been selected, and will perform on stage throughout the fortnight, culminating in a final show, hosted by BBC Introducing Presenter Vic Galloway on Sunday 24th October.
Vic Galloway said: “It’s exciting to be working with Cabal, bringing together the worlds of music and delicious rum. As a champion of up and coming artists across genres, it’s always great to give local musicians new platforms to showcase their wares. With help from Cabal, six different acts will have the chance to record new material in Edinburgh’s Chamber Studio – a superb, state of the art recording studio. This is a great opportunity for them, and I’m delighted to be involved.”
The six acts are:
– BOOTlace, an indie rock five-piece: 14th October at 4pm
– Macon Heights, electronica duo with female vocals: 15th October at 6pm
– Chris Glen and Alan Ross, a guitar and harmonica duet: 16th October
– Ihsan Kerr, solo singer songwriter: 21st October at 5pm
– Nicola Taylor, a solo pop artist with acoustic band: 22nd October at 7pm
– FERNS, hiphop infused original jazz band: 23rd October at 4pm
Thanks to the collaboration between Cabal and Edinburgh Cocktail Week, the artists will receive a variety of support, including recording new material at Chamber Studios in Edinburgh.
Managing Director of Edinburgh Cocktail Week, Gary Anderson said: “As an exciting new local rum, we are very thrilled to welcome Cabal Rum to the Cocktail Village this year. We look forward to seeing festival-goers enjoying an introduction to the brand through Cabal’s menu of delicious cocktails, and we are especially looking forward to the line-up of live music they have programmed for our entertainment stage, featuring some of Edinburgh’s up-and-coming musicians.”
We’ll be in the cocktail village at Festival Square throughout the fortnight, retailing our first expression Cabal No.1513 aged rum and serving up the Cabalero signature serve along with a selection of music inspired cocktails:
– “Strawberry Fields” is a refreshing fruity concoction of Cabal No.1513, Campari, strawberry, grapefruit and lime, garnished with mint.
– “Get Figgy with it” offers the perfect combination of Cabal No. 1513 with orange, fig liqueur and grenadine.
– “Stage Dive” mixing up Cabal No. 1513 and passion fruit falernum for a twist of the Caribbean.
Wristbands for Edinburgh Cocktail Week are available at www.edinburghcocktailweek.co.uk and priced from just £8. With an ECW wristband, visitors can enjoy £4 signature cocktails at 100 of Edinburgh’s finest cocktail bars and at the biggest ever cocktail village at Festival Square – it’s packed with 20 pop-up bars, live music, entertainment and tasty street food.
🥃 Award-winning aged rum
Created by a group of experts, aficionados and sceptics intrigued by rum’s truth, taste + possibility
By clicking the button you are stating that you are above the legal drinking age for your country